How I design a Tea-themed Children Creative Painting Workshop…?
Course design： Fan Lu
Course Length：1.5 hours
Art Materials：color pencils, paper, etc
Age：5-12 years old
1. Display the tea collections in the classroom, as well as tea leaves from all over the world. Briefly introduce tea culture.
2.Set up still life of teacups for students drawing from life.
3. Give a demonstration to students for introducing how to observe the light and shadow of still life. And share knowledge of chiaroscuro and composition.
4. Read the picture book of Tea in both Chinese and English. Teach the students how to write Tea in Chinese characters. Evoke students to compose their own stories of Tea based on the still life setting, introducing a famous Chinese illustrator.
5. With the music of traditional Chinese, all the students create illustrations and stories.
6. Combining observations and imagination, students experiment and express artistically.
7. At last, students watch the tea ceremony video.